Friday 13 April 2018

It's always time for tea


Hi there, did you see Tracey on Hochanda? Have you got your Alice themed projects yet?  

I had such a lot of fun creating this colourful piece.  I'm popping some photos below so you can see the steps I took to create it.

First I added rice paper using Easy Coat matte and did a loose layout


Next I covered everything in Ivory Powertex and sprayed with blue and red Bister,  and then left overnight to make sure it was thoroughly dry


I then washed back the bister to leave the nice soft blues and pinks 


Next I used Easy Structure and some stencils to create extra texture  once that was dry I used the gloriously bright Secret Art Loft pigments and inks as well as some Powercolor






Finally I drilled holes with a 2mm drill bit and threaded through some paper string to hang my tea shoppe sign with

Hope you like it and have loads of fun and hope we are inspiring you to create your own unique pieces

Bye for now
Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment