Monday 5 February 2018

Stolen days and Powertex acrylic inks





Hello Everyone

The other day I bounced out of bed ready for a morning of clearing leaves off the deck before it got so slippy that I ended up doing my Dancing (!) on Ice impression( other shows are available)!!



I came downstairs to this






Mmmm well that put paid to that idea so I found myself with rare thing......time.....that unexpected time that you get when your plans can’t be fulfilled, that time that feels like its been stolen as you shouldn’t really have it,  that magical time.......what would I do with it.

For a while I have wanted to play more with the range of acrylic inks brought to Powertex UK by the Secret Art Loft.  Now was the time...

I decided to narrow down my choices and stayed in the cool side of the shades and only allowed myself to use inks to bring in the colour.


I opted for Palm, Aqua, Viola and Deep Sea from the translucent range and metallic Viola.

The inks are so beautifully vibrant that the photos really don’t do them justice.

For my base I chose items from the Powertex UK MDF fairy door range






The inks work beautifully with all of the Powertex product range.  As these are very liquid I used a dropper to add small amounts to my base products allowing me to have more control over the colour and consistency.

I based the door with a coating of Powertex Ivory then added Stone Art clay, made with Powertex Ivory.  I used a rubber stamp to imprint an impression into the clay and whilst it was still wet, I used a damp paintbrush to blend the inks onto the surface,  I let this dry and then reapplied more inks to intensify the colours.


























For the mushrooms I applied Powertex Transparent onto the MDF then dropped the inks from the dropper onto the wet powertex, as these were drying I added more layers of ink to get the intense glossy effect.


















With the door and window I applied a layer of Powertex Ivory then randomly scattered a selection of the 3D small and medium balls.  I decanted some of the inks into bottles and sprayed them on.












Finally for the lock I used Powertex Transparent as the base before applying the balls and ink.












I finished off my project by dry brushing with the Viola Metallic ink to give a slight sparkle.  Unfortunately the camera hasn't picked that up too well.



Now my fairy door is complete I can open it up and escape through into a lovely sunny Spring day.....oh well I can but dream.

What wonderful places will your door lead to?   Don't forget to post your makes on our Facebook page - Powertex Addicts United.  And don't forget to try the inks with all of the other Powertex Products for even more exciting results.

Until next time.......

Happy Creative Adventuring.

Axx





No comments:

Post a Comment